The farmstead Hålandstunet is situated just above Erfjord village. It has always been one of the major farms of the area.
The main house at this farmstead has the best interiors and furnishings of the old buildings owned by Ryfylke Museum. Hålandstunet reveals how the richest farmers in the area lived. Between 1640 and 1740, this was the sheriff’s residence, and at times it was also used as a courthouse. Hålandstunet has been restored and consists today of the three buildings: the main house, the richly-decorated Målarstova, and Håmannsbua which was used guests and storage.
Guided tours for groups on request.
Ryfylke Museum Tel. (+47) 52 79 29 50, email@example.com