Spend two days off the beaten track by one of Norway’s biggest salmon rivers in this two/day package. Learn more about the river, the unique salmon, and its impact on the local communities. The highlight of your trip is when you get the chance to float downstream and maybe catch a glimpse of a salmon.
You will stay at the local salmon lodge Mo Laksegard with a magnificent view of the river, where you will enjoy homecooked meals based on farm traditions and local produce . They also have their own farm brewery and outdoor swimming pool. The area is perfect for hiking, cycling and relaxation in the mountains and along the river.
In the salmon season you have the option to visit Norway’s first salmon studio to learn more about how the salmon finds its way back to its birth river after years in the ocean and you can combine the stay with guided salmon fishing tours.
· Two nights at the local salmon farm Mo Laksegard with breakfast.
· Two 2-course farm dinners.
· Salmon Safari.
· Possibility to add guided tour of the Salmon Studio, salmon fishing, a guided tour in the local farm brewery and fire-heated hot tub for an additional cost.
· Peaceful days where the good experiences are in the high-seat
· Salmon safari is offered for individuals on Wednesday and Saturdays at 13:00 during the summer season. Additional tours can be organized at other times for groups between 6-30 people.
· The water in the river is too low for Salmon Safari from December – March.
· Salmon can be spotted in the river between June-September, but the experience is also great off-season.
· Only those who can swim are allowed into the river. River Expedition is an alternative for those who are not experienced with water.
· The package can be tailor-made to suit your needs.